Level Test For Adult
1. How __ are you?
2. I'm afraid I __ here for your birthday party.
have not to be
am not being
will be not
3. I work as a doctor and my wife __, too.
4. My best friend is the guy __ by the door.
5. No wonder she's angry. You __ have shouted at her like that.
6. If he __ about it, I'm sure he'd help.
7. I'm good __.
8. A: The aerobics class starts at 7:00.
B: __? It starts at what time?
Did you say
9. Where __ dictionary?
10. I know! Let's give Mom some flowers for __ birthday!
11. I __ get a promotion soon. My manager is moving to another city, and I'll probably get her job.
12. __ books are these? Are they yours?
13. I found a Web site __ helps you find your old school friends.
14. You __ be really hungry after all that exercise!
15. I didn't __ to like jazz music, but now I think it's OK.
16. I think __ teacher.
her job is
her job is an
17. It __ right now.
18. When I was a kid, my parents never let me __ up late during the week.
19. Do you __ to class in the mornings?
20. They __ go to the cinema.
21. My girlfriend __ born on the 2nd of September 1974.
22. __ do you rent movies?
23. This beer tastes __.
24. My sister and I __ very early.
don't get up
doesn't get up
25. I can't spend __ money on clothes as my friends can.
26. I don't look as scruffy __ I did when I was a teenager.
27. Ten years from now, more people __ working at home.
28. They said they __ come, but they didn't.
29. Are you interested in __ poetry?
30. Where __ born?
31. Before you studied here, __ English in another school?
are you studying
had you studied
would you study
are you studied
32. How __ your mother?
Many years is
33. What's the __ restaurant in your town?
34. This new CD __ to be excellent.
35. Did you __ anything interesting last weekend?
36. Don't speed! You'll __.
37. __ you like to go out tonight?
38. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I guess I __ had a bad day, that's all.
39. __ you give me directions, please?
40. A: I go out with my friends almost every night.
B: It's good to spend some time at home, __.
41. What __ you do if you found a wallet on the sidewalk?
42. I always __ at the hairdresser's.
cut my hair
have cut my hair
am cutting my hair
have my hair cut
43. I _ karate twice a week.
44. If I'd studied languages, I __ a translator.
'm going to be
would have been
45. How did you end up __ here?
46. I need __ new shoes.
47. I have been learning English since I __ ten years old.
48. Is this your bag? B: Yes, __.
49. A: I can't believe it! I've won a prize!
B: You __?
50. This is the best coffee I've __ tasted.
51. A: I passed my driver's test!
Oh, that's too bad
You did? Cool
52. In my town, there's __ shopping mall.
53. I __ for the math exam last night.
54. I think smoking __ in restaurants.
ought to be banned
ought to ban
ought to be banning
55. A: Do your parents live nearby?
B: Yes, they __.
56. After you break __ with someone, you should try and stay friends.
57. I'll return the newspaper when I __ through it.
will have looked
58. I think e-mail is __ than regular mail.
59. A: We didn't get any homework last night.
B: I __ you were happy!
60. In life __ can make a mistake, we're all human.
61. A: Would you mind turning on the light?
Sure, go ahead
No, not at all
No, go on then
62. A: Did you buy a gift?
B: No, I never got __.
around to it
63. I haven't seen that new movie __.
64. Hi My name is Mary. What __ name?
65. A: My friend is always borrowing my CDs.
B: Well, at __ he returns them to you.
66. A: My best friend's from France.
B: France? __ ? That's interesting.
67. A: Are there any cash machines near here?
B: Yes, __ over there.
68. What is your home town __?
69. The teacher asked us whether __ our homework last week.
we had done
had we done
were we doing
we have done
70. __ it would be quicker to drive to work, I usually walk.
71. I'm not sure yet, but I __ study for a master's degree.
72. If you go to New York, you can __ a ferry to the Statue of Liberty.
73. This DVD's amazing, __?
74. I've never __ to Europe.
75. I like this watch! How much __ ?
76. I hurt __ at the gym yesterday. I sprained my ankle.
77. Something should __ about global warming.
78. I don't __ if you've heard, but there's a concert next weekend.
79. A: I love this neighborhood.
So I do
I am too
80. Would you like __ help?
81. Is it easy __ around your town?
82. Do you like carnivals and __ like that?
83. I __ my homework when you called.
84. The TV needs __.
85. I sneeze all the time. I have __.
86. I'm not going to go out tonight. I have to study really __ for an exam tomorrow.
87. I'm looking __ the summer holidays.
88. They were __ hard questions that I had no chance.
89. if you have a toothache, you'd __ go to the dentist.
90. A: So, you're here for a week on vacation. That's fantastic!
B: __! I'm having a great time.
91. I usually __ for work. I often sleep too late.
find it hard to be on time
keep a low profile
92. What __ for Christmas this year?
do you do
are you going to do
do you go
93. She knows that she __ to pay now.
94. May be you __ learn some French before you go to Paris.
95. What __ last weekend?
did you do
do you do
96. I have no idea what time __.
97. I wish I __ more free time.
98. The airport __ yesterday because of fog.
99. How long __ married?
have you been
100. __ with your mouth full is considered bad manners.
Copyright © 2005~2018 - All rights reserved by
GETC (George English Training Centre)