Level Test For Adult
1. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I guess I __ had a bad day, that's all.
2. Is it easy __ around your town?
3. A: I love this neighborhood.
So I do
I am too
4. This is the best coffee I've __ tasted.
5. A: Do your parents live nearby?
B: Yes, they __.
6. This new CD __ to be excellent.
7. Before you studied here, __ English in another school?
are you studying
had you studied
would you study
are you studied
8. I sneeze all the time. I have __.
9. __ books are these? Are they yours?
10. What __ last weekend?
did you do
do you do
11. How long __ married?
have you been
12. If he __ about it, I'm sure he'd help.
13. A: So, you're here for a week on vacation. That's fantastic!
B: __! I'm having a great time.
14. When I was a kid, my parents never let me __ up late during the week.
15. I'll return the newspaper when I __ through it.
will have looked
16. I can't spend __ money on clothes as my friends can.
17. I think __ teacher.
her job is
her job is an
18. Hi My name is Mary. What __ name?
19. Don't speed! You'll __.
20. My girlfriend __ born on the 2nd of September 1974.
21. I'm good __.
22. What __ for Christmas this year?
do you do
are you going to do
do you go
23. No wonder she's angry. You __ have shouted at her like that.
24. I'm looking __ the summer holidays.
25. __ it would be quicker to drive to work, I usually walk.
26. I think e-mail is __ than regular mail.
27. I didn't __ to like jazz music, but now I think it's OK.
28. I have been learning English since I __ ten years old.
29. A: I passed my driver's test!
Oh, that's too bad
You did? Cool
30. My best friend is the guy __ by the door.
31. I'm afraid I __ here for your birthday party.
have not to be
am not being
will be not
32. Is this your bag? B: Yes, __.
33. I always __ at the hairdresser's.
cut my hair
have cut my hair
am cutting my hair
have my hair cut
34. What __ you do if you found a wallet on the sidewalk?
35. Something should __ about global warming.
36. __ do you rent movies?
37. Would you like __ help?
38. I __ my homework when you called.
39. May be you __ learn some French before you go to Paris.
40. This beer tastes __.
41. I don't look as scruffy __ I did when I was a teenager.
42. In life __ can make a mistake, we're all human.
43. Do you __ to class in the mornings?
44. How did you end up __ here?
45. They __ go to the cinema.
46. They said they __ come, but they didn't.
47. After you break __ with someone, you should try and stay friends.
48. A: My best friend's from France.
B: France? __ ? That's interesting.
49. Where __ born?
50. In my town, there's __ shopping mall.
51. I found a Web site __ helps you find your old school friends.
52. I haven't seen that new movie __.
53. Ten years from now, more people __ working at home.
54. __ you like to go out tonight?
55. A: Did you buy a gift?
B: No, I never got __.
around to it
56. It __ right now.
57. If you go to New York, you can __ a ferry to the Statue of Liberty.
58. What is your home town __?
59. A: We didn't get any homework last night.
B: I __ you were happy!
60. What's the __ restaurant in your town?
61. My sister and I __ very early.
don't get up
doesn't get up
62. A: I go out with my friends almost every night.
B: It's good to spend some time at home, __.
63. __ you give me directions, please?
64. Did you __ anything interesting last weekend?
65. __ with your mouth full is considered bad manners.
66. A: My friend is always borrowing my CDs.
B: Well, at __ he returns them to you.
67. I usually __ for work. I often sleep too late.
find it hard to be on time
keep a low profile
68. I like this watch! How much __ ?
69. I hurt __ at the gym yesterday. I sprained my ankle.
70. A: I can't believe it! I've won a prize!
B: You __?
71. The teacher asked us whether __ our homework last week.
we had done
had we done
were we doing
we have done
72. I _ karate twice a week.
73. I'm not sure yet, but I __ study for a master's degree.
74. I'm not going to go out tonight. I have to study really __ for an exam tomorrow.
75. I don't __ if you've heard, but there's a concert next weekend.
76. Do you like carnivals and __ like that?
77. A: Would you mind turning on the light?
Sure, go ahead
No, not at all
No, go on then
78. I __ for the math exam last night.
79. If I'd studied languages, I __ a translator.
'm going to be
would have been
80. How __ are you?
81. I work as a doctor and my wife __, too.
82. A: Are there any cash machines near here?
B: Yes, __ over there.
83. A: The aerobics class starts at 7:00.
B: __? It starts at what time?
Did you say
84. The airport __ yesterday because of fog.
85. I think smoking __ in restaurants.
ought to be banned
ought to ban
ought to be banning
86. I __ get a promotion soon. My manager is moving to another city, and I'll probably get her job.
87. The TV needs __.
88. You __ be really hungry after all that exercise!
89. She knows that she __ to pay now.
90. if you have a toothache, you'd __ go to the dentist.
91. How __ your mother?
Many years is
92. I have no idea what time __.
93. I know! Let's give Mom some flowers for __ birthday!
94. This DVD's amazing, __?
95. They were __ hard questions that I had no chance.
96. Are you interested in __ poetry?
97. I need __ new shoes.
98. I've never __ to Europe.
99. I wish I __ more free time.
100. Where __ dictionary?
Copyright © 2005~2018 - All rights reserved by
GETC (George English Training Centre)